APPLES AND ORANGES
Duration: 1 Day
A business simulation designed to teach employees (both management and individual contributors) to understand the big picture of business operations, the fundamentals of business finance, cash flow, and how various decisions and actions impact a company’s profitability.
Participants work through a variety of exercises on a business model workmat. They actually move capital around the company and deal with issues facing all companies in today’s demanding business environment: streamlining operations, investment in new technology, activities that add value for customers, supplier relationships, reducing cycle time, cutting costs, and efficient utilization of resources.
- An understanding of the circulation of capital and how this impacts profitability.
- An appreciation for various business strategies and how successful implementation of these strategies impacts a company’s financial picture.
- The ability to read and interpret financial documents such as income statements and balance sheets.
- An understanding of important financial ratios (return on assets, return on equity, profit margins, economic value added, etc.).
- New ideas on ways to positively impact the bottom line and the ability to estimate the dollar value of these ideas.
- An understanding of how the utilization of resources at varying levels of efficiency directly impacts profitability.
Organizations Conducting this Simulation:
Dunn & Bradstreet
Manufacturing, Service, Retail/Distribution